Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Train ride from Yangon to Mawlamyine.

We start off in the very early morning, long before sun up, from Yangon. On this line even rolling stock is old and badly worn, but no matter the seats, people sleep. We roll through the foggy fields as it gradually gets lighter. By the time we start stopping in towns, vendrs are passing through the train or yelling up through the windows.
The trip takes all day to do the 200 miles and when we break down, the train crew goes back to fix whatever it was that quit.
We pass by a big quarry where they make gravel for roads and where all the breaking and carrying is done by hand, usually women.
When we get to Mawlamyine in the middle of the afternoon, our guide takes us for a quick ride in his truck to the top of the hill where the famous Moulmein pagoda is and where we can look West over the Andaman Sea.

Although these were supposedly converted at the 1020 setting, they are blurry at full screen. I will repeat this in a different way and see how it goes.

(new version now being processed by youtube - will post when available.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I envy you for the places you've been! :)

I envy you for the places you've been! :)

My career sent me lots of places and I got the habit.
There is nothing I enjoy more than being lost in strange countries.
I have written some few travel essays at Lew Lorton Photography | Blog, read the right hand panel to sort out the travel articles.

Lew, thanks for sharing this video. I would love to one day travel like this. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back