Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A different view of Tre Cime di Lavaredo at sunset, in the amazing Dolomites mountain range in Italy. This is a 24 seconds exposure taken with Leica SL, Laowa 12mm Zero-D and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra.

SL_5723.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Another beautiful image Vieri, I can almost feel the breeze. :)

Great shot as always. I'm fascinated by the low lying clouds.

Very nice image.....

Thank you very much Jeff! :)

Very nice!

Thank you very much Kirk! :)

Another beautiful image Vieri, I can almost feel the breeze. :)

Thank you very much indeed Jeff, glad you enjoyed the photo... and the breeze! Much appreciated indeed :)

You just want to step into it and go for a walk!

Thank you very much for your comment, that is really much appreciated! :)

Great shot as always. I'm fascinated by the low lying clouds.

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the photo and the clouds! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

@Vieri viewing your web page just now, and unfortunately your workshops appear to be out of my reach. From the looks of it you already have a busy schedule, but have you ever considered recording a video teaching series on the subjects you cover in your workshops?

@Vieri viewing your web page just now, and unfortunately your workshops appear to be out of my reach. From the looks of it you already have a busy schedule, but have you ever considered recording a video teaching series on the subjects you cover in your workshops?

@smoke665 Thank you for your interest in working together, that is much appreciated. About videos, I have been thinking about that but so far I have discarded the idea. Reason is, while I think that i.e. video tutorials on Photoshop and such are great, I also really think that landscape photography is best taught on the field - there is only so much that can be done on video, and I'd almost feel I'd cheat people out of their money if I did that. This, of course, with all my respect to those who do it: if they could find a way to effectively teach landscape photography on video, more power to them :)

Best regards,

Vieri

@smoke665 Thank you for your interest in working together, that is much appreciated. About videos, I have been thinking about that but so far I have discarded the idea. Reason is, while I think that i.e. video tutorials on Photoshop and such are great, I also really think that landscape photography is best taught on the field - there is only so much that can be done on video, and I'd almost feel I'd cheat people out of their money if I did that. This, of course, with all my respect to those who do it: if they could find a way to effectively teach landscape photography on video, more power to them :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Hi Vieri,

Beautiful image, looks like an amazing place. Sorry this might be a little off topic, I just wanted to ask what ND filters you use? I am researching them and was wondering if you felt it was better to get large circular ones and a step up ring or a bracket for rectangular ones.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Vieri,

Beautiful image, looks like an amazing place. Sorry this might be a little off topic, I just wanted to ask what ND filters you use? I am researching them and was wondering if you felt it was better to get large circular ones and a step up ring or a bracket for rectangular ones.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your comment, glad you enjoyed the photo - yes, the Dolomites are truly impressive mountains! :)

About your question, I am using square / rectangular filters, with a filter holder which I move from lens to lens and a holder adapter ring fitted on each lens I own so that I don't lose time screwing and unscrewing the ring when I change lens :)

For me, using square filters with a holder just makes sense: round filters won't allow me to use Grad ND (round Grad do exist, but obviously one cannot adjust them as well as rectangular ones), round filters need to be screwed and unscrewed from the lens every time you need to change lens, or anytime you need to "see" properly through the viewfinder (i.e., adjusting composition, focussing, and so on), stacking more than one round filter might introduce vignetting (especially on wide and ultra-wide lenses), and so on.

You might be interested in this article of mine: BEST FILTERS FOR LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY REVIEW

Hope this helps, best regards

Vieri

Vieri, very nice image. I particularly like the effect that the clouds bring to the image.

WesternGuy

Vieri, very nice image. I particularly like the effect that the clouds bring to the image.

WesternGuy

Thank you very much WesternGuy, I am glad you enjoyed it and my choice of shutter speed worked for you :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Last edited:
Nice long expo, at first the foreground seemed a little "meh" and flat but it does make the eye follow up to the chimneys..

Nice long expo, at first the foreground seemed a little "meh" and flat but it does make the eye follow up to the chimneys..

That's exactly what it's there for :) Sometimes, you gotta put whatever you've got to a good use: even if something doesn't look amazing "per se", it might have a place as an element of a larger picture (pun intended!).

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

Back