Tree Swallows & a Redwing Blackbird

DLeeT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Man! These little guys are hard to catch in flight -- and yes, I know, not too sharp. :wink: Lee

$DSC05015.jpg

$DSC04949.jpg

$DSC05001.jpg

$DSC04763.jpg

Those are quite good! Tree Swallows are TOUGH to shoot in flight, because not only are they super fast, they are so unpredictable with the way they swoop and turn. You can't just get a bead on them and wait for the right moment; you gotta just lock target and click!

Well done! Tree Swallows in flight is something I have never even attempted let alone enjoyed success at.

Has the sharpness and contrast been turned way up? You have some halos.

Has the sharpness and contrast been turned way up? You have some halos.

Depends on what you mean by "way up." The contrast on the trees is pretty much what the trees looked like. I don't see the halos, but I'm using a standard Dell monitor. Lee

Thanks Sharon, Brian, and JacaRanda. Lee

It looks like you brushed in adjustments on the wings of number 1 creating the halos. Number 2 looks much more natural. But you did a great job capturing them in action :thumbup:

It looks like you brushed in adjustments on the wings of number 1 creating the halos. Number 2 looks much more natural. But you did a great job capturing them in action :thumbup:

I didn't brush in anything. There was actually little PP to these. I wonder about my monitor because two people are seeing halos and I'm not, even at 100%. Lee

I didn't brush in anything. There was actually little PP to these. I wonder about my monitor because two people are seeing halos and I'm not, even at 100%. Lee

I redid the first one and perhaps looks more natural? I think I cranked up the vibrance too much on the original. But no halos in either version on my monitor... hmm... Lee

$DSC05015.jpg

Last edited:
JacaRanda: Man-oh-Man, you have some stunningly beautiful shots on your flickr site! Lee

Excellent flight shots Lee, nice action going on and yep, these are darn hard to get in flight for sure. Certainly the hardest I've ever come across with the way they duck, dive and dart all over the place with no notice. Very erratic movements and a huge challenge, congrats on these beauties. ;)

All the best Lee, great to see !!

Danny.

Beautiful shots! I like #2 and the Redwing the best. I've never tried to shoot any birds in flight, but I can't imagine getting captures like these is easy. Nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back