Tree's, dogs, and baby birds

El-Mariachi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoboxgallery.com
Here's a quick selection of my latest photo's from this week, been doing some animal photography this week by chance, thought some of them came out well. All comments & suggestions welcome.

UPDATE, pictures back up, host probs :(

This one is a baby sparrow I found last night after a cat ran off and left it. Liked how this one came out. Shame i had to leave it for the cats, but thats natures way..

bird1.jpg

A walk in the countryside :)

dogwalk.jpg

lightingtheforestsmall.jpg

Bruce the springer spaniel is obviously up to something, you can see the glint in his eye ;)

muttley.jpg

Shot of a friends golden retriever for a UK disability dog publication, think it came out well.

troy1.jpg

I present Troy, the amazing six legged dog.....well kinda...

troy.jpg

Please let me know what u guys & gals think :)

Wow. Some amazing shots there. Love #'s 3, 4, 5. #6 made me laugh my ass off.

As someone who has "notorious problems" with wide angle shots herself, I do like your second photo here, the "walk in the countryside"! To me, this just "hits the theme".

OF COURSE, I like the third one with the sun rays through the trees, but then I am wondering if you did something to it to enhance them so?

The glint in Bruce's eye is --- mischievous ;).
I think I'd also like that one as a "portrait only" crop, i.e. just Bruce's face and "smile". (Well, this is just me wondering aloud...)

Well, okaaaaaayyyyyy, Brucie - I get the message! :p :D :lol: :wink:

This is really a nice group of images. Knowing the story behind #1 makes it a bit haunting. I wish there were a tad more information in the shadow of the bird; I find it a too dark. Good, but too dark.

Your dog photos are really fine! You've captured some excellent animal moments and expressions here. :D

terri said:
I wish there were a tad more information in the shadow of the bird; I find it a too dark. Good, but too dark. :D

Agreed, Im using a canon G5 myself, tried using 3 sec exposure with a f2 ap. Couldn't really go longer on the shutter as it was moving about quiet a bit.

Any suggestion's on how to get more light on the shadows? Was using iso 400 on the camera but it didn't enhance the light as much as i would have hoped.

Great shots, especially the last one.

just have to say....

Where did you find a six legged dog??? :wink:
or if it's not six legged, I now classify dog butt sniffing as an extreme sport!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back