What's new

Tri-pod Head Help

KVRNut

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
98
Reaction score
2
Location
Kelowna BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm getting tired of the old lens shift or drop when I tighten down the tri-pod head and was considering getting a geared head. The shift or drop is especially frustrating when doing macro photography.

The most versatile and heavily used tri-pod is the Compac CG/BB, matching pan head, and side extension. It would be nice to be able to use the geared head on this tri-pod once I get it overhauled but would swap out the pan head on the Manfrotto Triman Pro or the Manfrotto 168 ball head on the 055C tri-pod and just use those heads when doing landscape photography.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the lens drop or suggestions as to a decent geared head that can handle portrait/landscape orientations and multiple formats?

Thanks!
 
what head are you currently using???
 
It depends on the tri-pod I'm using at the time.
Currently I'm using the Compac tri-pod and the matching pan head for some macro fishing fly pics that I'm working on. That tri-pod and head are rated for use with the older larger video cameras that wieghed in at about 15 to 20 lbs. It's not a light duty rig.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom