Triborough Bridge (Robert F. Kennedy), Queens, Astoria, New York

djoliva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are similar pictures, one is photoshopped. This was taken around 8:30pm at Astoria Park by the Triboro Bridge which connects Queens, Long Island to the Bronx. I also posted a video about the building of the bridge.

$198273_10150945883423122_1823970295_n.jpg$487282_10150944875248122_642471530_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You pushed that first one much to far in post. I'm going to take a SWAG and say that you're going for HDR.

Light in the second is nice, but horizon is just ever so slightly crooked.

Thanks Jowen for your thoughts. What do you mean by pushing it to far in post?

I much prefer the 2nd sunset, as the 1st one is looks like you really over did the tone_mapping. Not pleasing to the eye at all.

thanks joel. the first picture i went for a very surreal look and not hdr.

thanks joel. the first picture i went for a very surreal look and not hdr.

Take a look in the HDR forum and you'l see a thread I posted a few days ago with some Tropical Butterflies. I tried Tone_Mapping to increase the colors, and add a little surreal look. Unfortunately, I also over cooked the colorful background.

Awesome! Astoria park right? I live about 5 blocks from it. Anywho, the 2nd photo is nice a little more sharpness would of been great, loving the reflections. And the 1st one is ahhh lol good try tho.

yes this was at astoria park from the firework show night. i got there early to get some shots of the sunset.

Most reactions

Back