Tricky Project

Matt_Gill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there, im new to the forum. Well my question is i have to do a religious art project, i want to use photography in this, although im not sure how, any advise would be great, im using a Pentax MX, i have macro gear and filters what can i do? Shall i use some old photos in my work or take some new one, i just need ideas realy, Thanks

Welcome to TPF!

We will only help you with your homework if you have a try at it yourself first. What kind of ideas or direction have you thought about?

Rob

Well.....im not sure realy, i supose ill have to jump on the tube, i was thinking of gonig around and taking pictures of poeple looking upset and the doing somthink weith the phrase "wheres god?", what do you think, its a bit negative i think.

actually I like the idea.. take some shots and lets see where it goes :)

The first question is: what is the context of the assignment?
Is it for church, a photography class? What?

If for church, then the connotation of the pictures sounds great. But if in a secular classroom, the connotation can mean almost anything. So be careful.

Personally, I think that a more positive image may be in order, but it really is up to you. One idea is religious symbolic. If done correctly, images of the cross, star of David, a crescent, or any other religious symbol may work well. Old missions, or even modern versions of religious books may work as well. Lighting behind the images can be powerful, particurally if through a cloud burst. It really is up to you in the end.

jump on the tube and go down camden theres enough cutrual mix for a brilliant mistake to happen

p.s dont take a photograph of a punk unless you have a upto date subscription to bupa

Matt_Gill said:
Well.....im not sure realy, i supose ill have to jump on the tube, i was thinking of gonig around and taking pictures of poeple looking upset and the doing somthink weith the phrase "wheres god?", what do you think, its a bit negative i think.

Sounds like a very promising idea. As has been mentioned, if you give a bit more context to what you are supposed to do, then maybe we can help further.

You need to decide what exactly you want to say with your photographs.

Then you need to think of how you can possibly express it visually. It helps if you pre-draw the photographs, so that you know what to look for if you're shooting.

Then you can shoot. You can pose people... or if you think you can pull it off, you can do street candids.

As you understand... it's your baby, you visualize it - you create it.

If we do the homework for you... we might as well shoot it ourselves.

Makes sense?

Well all we got told to do was to......."Do a piece of artwork on Reigion" honesly that all. She said "Its art, ill leave it to you!" realy she jsut cant be bothered, but im not shure about my idea so far, i mean some people might take offence to that! I dont want to cause any upset, so some more positive ideas mabey happy people? in church taken from up the front looking through the ile and out of the door and out the back there can be a group of people, mabey smoking?

Out of interest, how old are you and what subject and qualification is it for?

Matt_Gill said:
Well all we got told to do was to......."Do a piece of artwork on Reigion" honesly that all. She said "Its art, ill leave it to you!" realy she jsut cant be bothered, but im not shure about my idea so far, i mean some people might take offence to that! I dont want to cause any upset, so some more positive ideas mabey happy people? in church taken from up the front looking through the ile and out of the door and out the back there can be a group of people, mabey smoking?

Well...I dont see the point but, ok sure, im 15 go to school in Kensington, Its for Re (religious Education)

Fair enough, was just getting an idea of what it might be for!

Erm, yeah, tough with a short brief like that! Just hang round the local church and see what turns up I guess.

Rob

Sorry mate, didnt mean no offence or nothink! yes thats probably best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back