Tried the new Luminar 4...

stk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I bought Luminar 4, as I don't want to give Adobe any more money. Unfortunately, it's still not a Lightroom replacement for my taste, but it's still fun to play with.

This is my first image edited with Luminar 4. It's way over the top for my taste, but at least I got to try some of the new features of the program.

And yes, it's a comp. I took two mediocre shots and mixed them into one...

DSC_6150.jpg

And one with one of Luminar's included skies:
DSC_6149.jpg

Last edited:
It's always nice to have a play when editing.............

The program includes Skies? What else does it include? Ridiculous...... how is that “your” photograph if you add other people’s work?
Nothing against OP, as he mentioned it, just in general.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

The program includes Skies? What else does it include? Ridiculous...... how is that “your” photograph if you add other people’s work?

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/
Yes, it does! In the second image the sky is not my work.

And I agree with you, but it's still fun.

What is the price of this application?

It seems like it's €89 at the moment.

And to clarify, it's not only a sky replacement application, it's a full organizing and post processing application.

looks pretty good, I saw the review/ad on fstoppers youtube channel and it looked interesting if limited for what I would use it for. Certainly the AI looks pretty cool though it didn't do a perfect job of masking in the more complex image. It opens up the possibility of using AI for complex masking wich would be massivley useful.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

You don't have to use their skies, you could replace it with one of your own. But it seems like a lot of people are doing sky replacements at the moment!

Really it's their AI that's used to create complex masking for local adjustments that's the point of their program.

Cool pics. It's kind of funny to hear someone say a picture isn't someone's own but yet most people here use LR. It seems the difference is one has slowly been accepted while as the other hasn't ... yet.

Nice, is this also a 'non destructive' editing process like LR (ie editing information of the raw file in a 'sidecar' file)?

Nice, is this also a 'non destructive' editing process like LR (ie editing information of the raw file in a 'sidecar' file)?
Yes!

"Luminar is a non-destructive image editing and photo management software for Mac & PC, designed to deliver professional results in less time than anything else currently available. Luminar uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered tools to make complex editing simpler"
- ShotKit.com

Yes!

"Luminar is a non-destructive image editing and photo management software for Mac & PC, designed to deliver professional results in less time than anything else currently available. Luminar uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered tools to make complex editing simpler"
- ShotKit.com
Cool, I played around with ACDsee a couple of years ago, as you can import your LR catalogues into it, with key words. I see they have some crazy specials on at the moment as well.

It doesn't just do sky replacements, although it is pretty good at that for how easy it is using their software. The AI that is in this program is pretty solid. I was as interested in the portrait stuff that it has in it, also some AI in there.

Works for me and a lot easier than using frequency separation in PS. I'm not a high end re-toucher and my clients typically don't need that type of work. But it is nice to get skin smoothing and some blemish removal done with a slider and click of a check box. I know I posted this image here already but I processed basic in LR and then used Luminar 4 to do the skin, eyes, a touch of face, teeth and then converted to B&W.

49097781498_7068edd0ee_c.jpg

One Ron to another - the image of the girl no longer looks realistic.

I have been using ON1 Photo Raw 2018 for the last year & half only because my Lightroom 4.4 would not recognize my EM-5II files. Many users rave about the 2020 version but I only use basic stuff so am not inclined to upgrade.
Son Mark, who shoots professionally & subscribes to Abobe, downloaded the trial of ON1 2020 but found it not to be intuitive. Guess it depends on what one is used to.

@Ron Evers. I have used the ON1 software for the trial period and I really like it too. It is killer if you tether a lot, but I don't. So I just keep using LR & PS.

Not sure what you mean about the girl not looking realistic.

Most reactions

Back