Trip downtown ~ beginner!

loxleynew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is one of my pics from downtown today. I really like it but i'm a newb at using a camera so let me know what you think. Yes I know the angle is off! :)

IMG_0139.jpg

It's a good idea to include the shot info when asking for C&C.

Camera: Canon XT
Shutter Speed: 1/60
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 55mm

Image is a little dark and seems soft.

So, what do you really like about it? What are you trying to show us with this image. What inspired you?

I liked the window mainly as the focal point but didn't want to center it so decided to add the column.. For instance here is the original. Sorry forgot to add the camera info before.

IMG_0139-1.jpg

I'm guessing I really should invest in a better lens?

i'm not sure the info on the shot would make me like the shot more or less. altho i do think its useful for us (me certainly) noobs to proactively think about the settings we've used...so we can start to learn the different effects and outcomes they have.
Perhaps providing them would be a good reminder...as much for yourself more than anyone else. Just my opinion.

As for this shot....i'm sorry but i'm just not feeling it. There isn't really anything on the building that excites me. On the plus side, I do think that your cropping and after work has made it more appealing than its original form.
Thanks for sharing it tho and keep posting and practicing!

Most reactions

Back