Trip to Iceland: Who's Gone? Help with planning?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Destin, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Destin

Destin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I wouldn’t stop you and the residents of Iceland would appreciate the lack of smelliness :bouncingsmileys:

2. JonA_CT

JonA_CT TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Meh. The water all smells like sulphur there anyways, so what difference does it make?

I stopped for a few days on the way to Europe before I was really into photography, and there are no shortage of places to get great photos even when you don't venture far from the beaten path. If I can find some of the photos I took, I'll post them (although it was 3 years and a laptop dying ago, so maybe not...)

Two pieces to add to everyone else:

1. The airport is about 30-40 minutes from Reykjavik on a peninsula. The peninsula is one of the best places to see puffin (especially at Gardur Lighthouse). It also looks completely different than the rest of Iceland. It's all lava rock and looks like its from Mars or something. I've seen a lot of Iceland photography of the glaciers and fjords and sweeping vistas, but not so much of that.

2. I'd plan on spending a couple of nights in Reykjavik. The night life is really good (we had way too much fun at a hostel on the main strip), and the opportunities for street shooting are great. The culture there is really unique...people enjoy the outdoors in a way that we can't appreciate in a more temperate climate.

3. (so I'm bad at math) We went in August, and it was really jolting to get on a plane in Boston where it was 90 degrees and get off a plane where it was 40, wet, and windy. We wished we had packed a few more layers, so that's something to think about too.

• Useful Useful x 1