Trip to Stone Mtn.

Scruff McGruff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teanerd.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, first post here, other than my intro in the welcome forum. So my first "real" post, I guess. I'd love some critique on a few photos I took on a trip to Stone Mountain (outside Atlanta) recently. They have been through some fairly heavy editing, some more than others, to get what I wanted out of them.

1. Lone tree (and not the first you all have seen, I'd bet)

4. (My personal favorite)

I'm still relatively new to photography, so go easy on me. :) I've already gotten the use-smaller-apertures-on-landscapes tip from a friend, so yes, I now know ~f/2 wasn't the best choice, haha. :blushing:

I LOVE the first one. But I'm a sucker for the "lone tree" thing. Four's pretty sweet too. Looks like they're walking on a cloud :)

Were these film or digital?

These are digital, with a slight simulated sepia tone added. Thanks for the positive feedback. :) Anything I can do to improve technique/ composition (I know the "rules," I'm looking for what you would change)/ lighting next time?

I only have two more photos from this trip that I kept, and only one I kinda like (below); the other is just a picture of the side of the rock that isn't very interesting. I'm sure I will post other photos in more relevant threads, though.

Thanks again for the feedback!

The last 'new' one posted is better yet again, foreground interest, and the people to the upper right side. I think the toning works well, I somehow dont see this working in colour......

Thanks for the comments; no, they did not look nearly as interesting in color. Besides, the rock is grey and it was cloudy/overcast, so there wasn't a whole lot of interesting color anyway.

welcome ,
i realy liked the first and the second ,
the second is cool cause of the depth of field

I like the second the most. It is a bet far-fetched, but it reminds me of Schindler's list.

Very nice series.

I love taking nature hikes to tops of mountains and the last two images brought a few memories back.

Great shots! I really like #2.. thanks for sharing :)

Nice shots, there is something to like in almost every one of them.

Yeah I like shooting at Stone Mountain too, have been going there to walk us and doggie, and shoot pics, at least once or twice a week for months now. Haven't run out of stuff to shoot yet.

The Park is always changing, either because of the color of the skies, or color of the leaves, or sunlight, decorations at the attractions, or something. You can get some awesome pics there at sunrise and sunset if you catch everything right.

If you ever see us out, be sure to stop and say " Hi ".

Ah your making me want to take a 2 hour drive up thurrr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back