Trip to the beach

I'm liking the second to last one...

even digging the centered-ish horizon... but the ship on the horizon... I feel cloning it out would be better.

EDIT - I looked again. They could be islands. I still feel cloning them out would be better.

You've got a nice series here with #1 being my favorite. I like how you captured the reflection in #1. Is that a Steller's Jay in the last one ? We sure don't get those out here.

even digging the centered-ish horizon... but the ship on the horizon... I feel cloning it out would be better.

EDIT - I looked again. They could be islands. I still feel cloning them out would be better.

I was going to say the same thing.........second to last one!!!! Nicely done.

You've got a nice series here with #1 being my favorite. I like how you captured the reflection in #1. Is that a Steller's Jay in the last one ? We sure don't get those out here.

that is a steller's jay

This is a lovely series! The first made me go "Ahh, wow" instantly, but my favourite is the second to last (I go with "the crowd" ;)), even WITH the island in the background. If it is to be seen from that very point off that very beach then it must remain. You should in this case not tamper with reality, is what I think. Not even for the sake of "art". The lighting, colour of the waves, and scene as such is artistic enough (although nothing of that is "artistic" in the way of having been staged or so, of course).

That's one beautiful bird, too, of a kind that I have never seen before!

Yeah thats an island. I'll clone it out and see how it looks.

It was a good day to try out my new monopd. Seems to work well. It's easier to haul that to the beach than 6lbs of tripod.

This is a lovely series! The first made me go "Ahh, wow" instantly, but my favourite is the second to last (I go with "the crowd" ;)), even WITH the island in the background. If it is to be seen from that very point off that very beach then it must remain. You should in this case not tamper with reality, is what I think. Not even for the sake of "art". The lighting, colour of the waves, and scene as such is artistic enough (although nothing of that is "artistic" in the way of having been staged or so, of course).

That's one beautiful bird, too, of a kind that I have never seen before!

Thats a Stellars Jays. Their pretty common but usually really shy and hard to get close to. This guy was a little beggar at a roadside whale watching point. We lured him in with my lunch and was able to get him with the 50mm 1.8

Most reactions

New Topics

Back