Triple train track fatality kills three teen girls

"The person who was taking photos of Thompson was not hurt."

Good to know.

How long will this fad last? Pretty girls posed on RR tracks, abandoned warehouses, etc., and wedding dresses in the mud has about run its course, IMO. It has never made sense to me.

"The person who was taking photos of Thompson was not hurt."

Good to know.
It would be interesting to know how his insurance handles this little faux pas, that's assuming he has insurance.

It would be interesting to know how his insurance handles this little faux pas, that's assuming he has insurance.
Arm's length analysis and opinion: I would be willing to bet (a small amount) that the photographer (he or she) not only does NOT HAVE insurance, but also NO TAX ID, no business license (if required in her community), and no signed contract for the photo shoot. Oh, right; and no permission to be on the RR ROW.

Arm's length analysis and opinion: I would be willing to bet (a small amount) that the photographer (he or she) not only does NOT HAVE insurance, but also NO TAX ID, no business license (if required in her community), and no signed contract for the photo shoot. Oh, right; and no permission to be on the RR ROW.

Agree with KmH,gryphonslair99,and Designer...

I see them set with some frequency on the old jointed track that go by my house. Freight on this long (45mile) stub line only goes 20 mph or so, and the Steam trains that occasionally run only do 25 or 30 max usually slower. There are 5 crossings here in less than a mile, and all are signed only so get the full whistle treatment.

It is still trespassing, but not the danger that it is on some tracks. Shoots on rural speed restricted ancient tracks like this one that put the idea in the heads of people elsewhere. None of the local people seem to think of that.

Last edited:
We all make stupid mistakes. Bad things always happen in the moment when you do not expect at all. If you survive, be happy in the way as you are, because of you are still part of all of us. I survived bad thing, you survived, we are all survived some tragic moments. but it's sad, they did not. it's very sad tragedy.

A majority of people don't make those kinds of stupid mistakes. Common sense however is becoming a much rarer commodity these days. Trains are just one of natures tools for thinning the herd of stupid people. A few examples. NFTS (Not for the squeamish.)

(a Stupid photographer)

A majority of people don't make those kinds of stupid mistakes. Common sense however is becoming a much rarer commodity these days. Trains are just one of natures tools for thinning the herd of stupid people. A few examples. NFTS (Not for the squeamish.)

(a Stupid photographer)

Did the two in the first video that were hit survive do you know? i am guessing that they did not

(a Stupid photographer)

Did the two in the first video that were hit survive do you know? i am guessing that they did not

I believe so, if you can survive the medical costs they ran up. My bet is they didn't have health insurance as well as not having common sense.

This is just too easy.

The Police Don't need Stop Sticks when they have a train.

The second video in post 29 shows that in full emergency stop it took a short, single level, lightweight passenger train 41 seconds to come to a complete stop.

Longer bi-level passenger trains take longer to stop in full emergency and freight trains, though usually going slower than a passenger train, take some minutes to stop depending on the total weight of the train .

Most reactions

Back