Tripod for Treking

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Hey people,

I am looking for a strong, steardy, light tripod that I can take with me hiking and traveling.

Right now I am looking at the Slik UV6000 and SDV-20, but i am not convienced these are good enough.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I think a strong sturday tripod, which is also light is a bit of a paradox :p The lightest, strong and sturdy tripods are carbon fiber, and cost a fortune. I use a Manfrotto 3021B Pro with a grip ball head. I hike with it all the time, and while it's not super light, I manage. It is super sturdy though.

Thanks for the reply Matt. I know it is a paradox, but I figured if someone knew about something, this would be the place to find out.

I currently have a sturdy tripod that weighs in at about 5 lbs or so. I currently manage, but would like to find something around the 2 or 3 lb mark if possible.

If you need to get down low you might consider a Velbon 550 Victory. It has a 2 section center column and individual leg spread so it'll get down in the weeds.

Weighs about 3.5 pounds I think. You could save a bit of weight by using a small ballhead instead of the tilt-pan head it comes with.

Costs around $75.

Most reactions

Back