Tripod info

C

Cuervo79

Hi, I´m interested in info on tripods, since I bought myne about 2 years ago its suffered a some damage, so I intend on buying a newone in a not too distant future, but when I started browsing sites for tripods, I found out that you can buy the legs and the head separately. Since I know nothing about this kind of thing I would like to know what do you recomend, I want a tripod that can work in any area, I shoot when ever I can, may it auto sport events, on the city, the beach, and also in the woods (whenever I get the chance). So a good all around tripod would be apreciated.

I ask this cause last time I bought something without looking at more detailed info turned out to be not exactly what I expected (bought a dryzone 200, yes its waterproof but I did not expect the sheer size of it hehe)

KevinR said:
Something like this would serve you well for years.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=284778&is=REG

I have the 3021 legs. I changed the head to a ball head. Just a little easier to use. But you really can't go wrong with a Bogen.

Thanx for you're reply, the thing is I kno nothing about heads, seeing the picture I went like :confused: What the heck it has 3 levers on the head, so I you can imagine that I can't figure out what a ball head does... My tripod just has the classic 1 lever for tilting it vertically and horizontally, if you want to tild the angle of the camera horizontally you do it separately with a screw... If you could be more specific I would apreciate it.... :blushing:

The three levers control vertical, horizontal, and panning(right to left movement). The ball head lets you have one lever to do all three. It is quicker to use.

Go with Bogen/Manfrotto. Tough and very stable.... various combos can be had used for a very low price. I find a ball head easy and quick. 3 way heads are more precise and easier to control.

Most reactions

Back