Tripod Question

dynk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is dynk (paul) and I own a D50 and just purchased a D300.
I want to take more pics and learn more about photography, maybe start a blog.

I will be traveling this fall and Dec. to DC and DisneyWorld. I want to buy a new lightweight tripod, and currently own a Bogen 3001, but want something lighter to pack for my flights.

Any Suggestions?

Some of my photos:
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

How much do you wanna spend. The d300 is a heavy camera, gonna need a decently sturdy tripod. If you want a good, light tripod, its gonna be expensive. As they say, cheap, light, sturdy, pick two.

How much do you wanna spend. The d300 is a heavy camera, gonna need a decently sturdy tripod. If you want a good, light tripod, its gonna be expensive. As they say, cheap, light, sturdy, pick two.

I am willing to pay $200 or over, I have a good heavy tripod, want one light enough to travel by air.

HA! I saw the Atamian sticker on that v-dub and was like "Hey... that's a local dealer to me...!" You're a MA guy like me! Woot. :) I got my VW from Minuteman. :)

I don't have too much to say about the tripods, but wanted to say hi to the fellow massachussettsian. :)

Ha, I just read this and saw the Massachussettsian comment and I am one as well, but sadly I haven't heard of the Atamian dealer, but I do have a VW! Where abouts is that?

ha. Off 495 in Tewskbury. So do all MA people on TPF have VWs?

Ok, thread officially hijacked... let's get back to his tripod question. :)

I am glad to meet both of you.

2 of us are Nikon D300 owners
1 is a Canon 40D

But all are VW owners.

If you want light and sturdy, you need to look at the carbon fiber tripods. You might be looking at $300 though.

ha. Off 495 in Tewskbury. So do all MA people on TPF have VWs?

Ok, thread officially hijacked... let's get back to his tripod question. :)

I am glad to meet both of you.

2 of us are Nikon D300 owners
1 is a Canon 40D

But all are VW owners.

Oh I see, that's not too far from me, I am in Harvard.
Nice to see some fellow Massachusans on here, but back to the question

Most reactions

Back