vlogging with gimbal/tripod ?

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I have a trip in the next 2 weeks and I already have a fujifilm xt4, 2 sd cards, battery, a wide lens 10-24mm. I do also have a carbon fiber monfrotto tripod but it is too heavy and big to hold with one hand to vlog myself. I am basically documenting my travel journey for friends and family and maybe put it up on the internet just to look back on when I get to old age. I want it to be something I am proud of, not just footage that is shaky and unusable- where I am unable to edit and make cuts to.

I want to plan my shots, make it look cinematic, tell a story and more importantly document my entire journey in a short 10 minute clip that hopefully encompasses all of the adventure and and fun I am having with friends. Because I plan to throw some music in, I want to take aerial/various angle shots (without a drone) to fit it in. How can I ensure I get good b-roll footages?

I sort of wrote down some places I want to spend more time shooting (like when I am on the island and capturing waves). Also, hiking when I am on the top with a panaromic view with the clouds.
I was thinking about something like a hybrid gimbal (for stablization) and tripod attachment as I need the tripod to shoot myself climbing up and down the mountain (while being carefully not to trip and fall) as well as just all around smooth shots of certain monuments and temples. As mentioned in title, I will also be vlogging so there will be some talking head (usually when arriving or finishing something I suppose?) or something interesting??

I also want to carry light and not have to lug so many things around. any recommendations?

I was hoping someone could relate some experiences, but I guess not. The closest I've come is a Manfrotto hand-grip pod. I have a longish monopod (about 2' minimum) but I think most people would find that clumsy to work with. Aside from a gimble, I think a small monopod, say 1' monopod/grip-pod would work well enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back