Tripod?

So, that rocketfish, would that still be okay? Or, that would most likely be too high?

Well, yeah. THe pod is adjustable up to 70 inches, so it will only be too tall if you are less than a foot and a half tall.

The head adds another 5, and it will be another 4 give or take to your viewfinder. So even at 6 foot, it should be plenty tall enough.

So, that rocketfish, would that still be okay? Or, that would most likely be too high?

Well, yeah. THe pod is adjustable up to 70 inches, so it will only be too tall if you are less than a foot and a half tall.

The head adds another 5, and it will be another 4 give or take to your viewfinder. So even at 6 foot, it should be plenty tall enough.

Oh haha, than that would be great
I just tried to talk to my dad about it..
He thought i was talking about an ipod for about 5 minutes
Haha
Thankyou so much, you really helped me out : )
Thanks ,
Anthony

Check out pawn shops, I got a Manfrotto tripod with Manfrotto ball head for $50 at one. I often carry my camera on it over my shoulder like a hobo with his bag on a stick when I am out in nature.

Check out pawn shops, I got a Manfrotto tripod with Manfrotto ball head for $50 at one. I often carry my camera on it over my shoulder like a hobo with his bag on a stick when I am out in nature.

That dosent sound like a bad idea..
Are tripod's more sturdy than the monopods?
Like is their a major difference?

I got one at a Goodwill (Salvation Army) by accident...wasn't looking for it even...apparently they get stuff like tripods because I got mine for 2 bucks, it's heavy as hell, but it's the BEST 2 FREAKING BUCKS IVE EVER SPENT!

:lol:

I got one at a Goodwill (Salvation Army) by accident...wasn't looking for it even...apparently they get stuff like tripods because I got mine for 2 bucks, it's heavy as hell, but it's the BEST 2 FREAKING BUCKS IVE EVER SPENT!

:lol:

Haha, lmso that made me chuckle : P
But thats actually why i want to get the monopod, its light, and easy to carry during hikes and stuff like that

Well one big difference is with a tripod you can set you camera on timed shutter, and get in the shot yourself.

Well one big difference is with a tripod you can set you camera on timed shutter, and get in the shot yourself.

:meh: meh..if you have NINJA skills you can do with a monopod too. ...I'm just saying...:lol:

Haha, thats 2 for 2 you got me laughing
But no, i dont plan on being in any of my shots

Ya, I'm starting to think I should just hang up the camera and give stand up a go...but really who wants to hear me ***** all the time?

Ya, I'm starting to think I should just hang up the camera and give stand up a go...but really who wants to hear me ***** all the time?

True, and true, Haha
I can be the drummer in the background doing the -budum tsss-

Okay, i dont mean to be posting so much D: Sorry
But since im all new to this, i do want to take nature photos, such as animals, plants, sunsets, things of such nature, and maybe just some different photos here and there.

Well from what im reading, a tripod is a great :thumbup: When trying to get good pictures, for it keeps everything still

Now my question is, is there any particular "good" Tripod to buy?
I have 50$'s to spend right now at best buy (Yes giftcard, haha) And i cant get a job yet... So yeah for now its pretty limited for what i can get
Can i get a decent tripod for 50$'s? Or anything that will get the job done?

Thanks!
Anthony

Go to Goodwill / thrift shops or Walmart. The best one I own is from eBay in the vintage Bilora Biloret 2037 for about $30 Collapsible travel pod. Lippisches Kamera Museum - Stativ Bilora Biloret 2037
The next best was found at Goodwill for cheap. It is tall heavy and stable.
I got a monopod from Walmart for $16.00 It is perfect for holding timer set camera over crowds such as at parades.
Save your money by not buying expensive tripods unless you must for some reason.[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]

Most reactions

Back