TRUCK SHOOT - CC IT UP!

WhineAndDine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My sweetheart...

TRUCKCC.jpg

Uhhmm... don't be afraid to read the section descriptions and place the thread in the right area. I do not see how your request for CC fits in the "Beyond the Basics Have you been at photography for awhile? This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, and other techniques and controls!" section. ;)

The wall is sharper (infocus) than the truck. Try again and repost. Good idea and decent location. Try getting your camera lower to the ground too...

Why have all that other stuff in the background and the main subject, your 'sweetheart,' so small in the frame?

See that section of wall with no dock doors behind the truck ?

That's what should be the background for your 'sweetheart'. No distractions. Wait till the sun is a lot lower in the sky like the first or last hour of the day.

If you don't do it right your sweetheart may take a hike on you.

Two more points. Angle the truck relative to the wall. Wet the pavement.

thanks for the tips guys. i will give it another go and repost

Why have all that other stuff in the background and the main subject, your 'sweetheart,' so small in the frame?

See that section of wall with no dock doors behind the truck ?

That's what should be the background for your 'sweetheart'. No distractions. Wait till the sun is a lot lower in the sky like the first or last hour of the day.

If you don't do it right your sweetheart may take a hike on you.

Two more points. Angle the truck relative to the wall. Wet the pavement.

This why the crit forum failed. You have to critique the photo as opossed to telling how you would shoot it.

Love & Bass

This why the crit forum failed. You have to critique the photo as opossed to telling how you would shoot it.

Love & Bass

Your not into helping fellow photographers develop their skills?, Critiquing a picture is all fine and dandy, But giving the OP advice is also in the good books as he might have missed on what others have picked up as kmh has done. In my eyes that's great advice to give out, Better than 98 % of us here do. To be honest i thought that what forums are for. *to help out others* sort of makes me sick that a lot in here think they are the perfect photographer (which there isn't one) I also realize that this should have been moved to the beginners section of the forum

my 5 cents worth

Your not into helping fellow photographers develop their skills?, Critiquing a picture is all fine and dandy, But giving the OP advice is also in the good books as he might have missed on what others have picked up as kmh has done. In my eyes that's great advice to give out, Better than 98 % of us here do. To be honest i thought that what forums are for. *to help out others* sort of makes me sick that a lot in here think they are the perfect photographer (which there isn't one) I also realize that this should have been moved to the beginners section of the forum

my 5 cents worth

10 people telling me its posted in the wrong place, isn't going to help move it to the right place.

i made a mistake.

get over it.

Spiralling out of control... :)

For what it's worth, I like the setting, I just think there is too much of the setting in the shot and not enough of the truck. I might crop more aggressively during capture. (zoom in on the truck)

I agree with many of the other comments as well.

Nice truck! :) Thanks for sharing.

Oh btw... going later or earlier in the day might help make the light a bit less harsh. A circular polarizer would help, too.

Spiralling out of control... :)

For what it's worth, I like the setting, I just think there is too much of the setting in the shot and not enough of the truck. I might crop more aggressively during capture. (zoom in on the truck).

I agree. Too much detail of the truck is lost because you've included too much of the setting.. The first thing my eyes were drawn to was the wording on the shipping dock wall front and centered.. Get closer to your truck so that you can see the custom details and the reflections in the wax job.. Or even do close-up shots where you get right on the fender, for example, and shoot the vivid reflections in the paint like they do at car shows. Get a creative angle on the fender badge looking down the side of the truck...

I think a re-shoot is your only option, not editing.

Last edited:
The way I see it the truck is lost. Regardless of what other people said one of the issues I see is that the monochrome truck is against a relatively monochrome background. It doesn't stand out quite enough. In my opinion the setting would be better if there was a bright yellow truck or any other colour than black or grey.

To be honest i thought that what forums are for. *to help out others* sort of makes me sick that a lot in here think they are the perfect photographer (which there isn't one)

Ahhh but everyone is the perfect photographer in their own eyes. That's the point of art. There is no right way, there is just the way as described in my humble opinion. I agree with the rest of the post though :)

Love & Bass

Sorry!.

Please refer me to the sticky that explains the proper way to critique an image. I'm sure others would benefit as well, otherwise I would have just sent a request by PM.

Sorry!.

Please refer me to the sticky that explains the proper way to critique an image. I'm sure others would benefit as well, otherwise I would have just sent a request by PM.

There in lies the problem. Crit forum was torn down years ago. People just could not handle it. As far as explaining the proper way to critique a photo... That is a question for another thread. And that thread is right up there with the digital vs film debate.

P.S Never say sorry. You are better then that.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

Back