try at portraits

fwellers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fwellers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dick Sanders street portraiture inspired me. I tried to do something like it with a couple of co-workers today.
Please don't even attempt to compare this to his stuff, but as far as portraits go, I think it's the best I've done so far, which isn't saying much.

p973768382-3.jpg

p622414717-3.jpg

I like the 2nd picture a lot. Just watch out for the light reflection on her glasses and face. The glare kind of ruins it. I can't tell if that's your flash or just room lights. What were you using for lighting? (She has a nice uni-dimple)

The 1st picture breaks the infamous rule: You don't want to cut-out their chin or other important bodily parts. You should take the pictures cropped out because you can always crop in but you can't always add what's not there.

Thank you ! Just what I was looking for.
I took that with the north light from a window hitting them on the side of the face, and actually used the built in flash, trying to get a contrast effect, but obviously failed a little with her. She is a pretty lady.
I do have another shot of her, and another one of him:

p415438723-3.jpg

p579179220-3.jpg

Dick Sanders seems to do alot of waist-up shots, with no smiles and minimal use of flash.

I think that might be a good start, instead of face-filling-the-frame-in-the-center-with-flash, try from the waist up, no flash, no smiles.

Also cutting chins off = badbadbadbad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back