What's new

Trying my hand at B&W. C&C Welcome

abnormalreply

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
New York, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you guys think?

msc6ww.jpg

1/6

efnewk.jpg

2/6

2ngfy38.jpg

3/6

2wqvdz9.jpg

4/6

jua6bn.jpg

5/6

24whlzq.jpg

6/6
 
first photo looks jagged and the 2nd looks too soft (probably even blurry). 3 and 4 looks good and 5 is too blurry for the effect and not B&W :P The last one I liked, but it is not B&W! You might want to crop out the right row of tiles for more focus on the patterns.
 
#4 and #5 are interesting.
 
I don't know about the others, but the subway is awesome! Very street noir!
 
I actually like #3 the best of all these images. I like the lighting in it. I wish his head would have been in the upper left hand side though without the chin being partially cut off.
 
Hey! You added more.

The disembodied foot is pretty nifty. Nice job on that one.
 
Your very best photo is the subway shot. There are many reasons: repeating patterns for one, and you have very light whites and very dark blacks.

B&W photos that have some very white whites and very black blacks make them interesting. Eveb a high-key photo needs an opposie anchor.

Not having a contrast and having a lot of middle grays is what is wrong with the other photos, not to mention focus. A photo made up of bland middle grays is not interesting.

Pay attention to the focus.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom