Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just having some fun with h2o.

2249764134_44014128ef_b.jpg

2249763528_81449c02af_b.jpg

I had some that were the typical water droplet shots, but I decided I liked these ones a little more. They're kinda flower-like.

I love both pics. Can you tell us the technical details?

It's shot with an old Nikkor 105mm f2.8 Macro at about f/11 or f/16 for a little DOF, 1/250th shutter speed (fastest my old ghetto vivitar manual flash will sync at) and ISO 400. PP is just curves, noise reduction and sharpening.

Thanks for the compliments :)

nice shots. Did you use dye for the water or is it the vessel that's blue?

I like them, but they're almost too dark and blue for my taste. But that's just it, for my tastes, so I'm not attacking the setup or whatever or your shots, 'cause I think they're good shots. And hey, it might be this monitor, it tends to be a bit dark from time to time. Good stuff though, very sharp.

hmm maybe work on the compostion a lil, id feel like i wanna see some more of the splashes, but nice work!

I like them, but they're almost too dark and blue for my taste. But that's just it, for my tastes, so I'm not attacking the setup or whatever or your shots, 'cause I think they're good shots. And hey, it might be this monitor, it tends to be a bit dark from time to time. Good stuff though, very sharp.

Yeah, they were pretty far left on the histogram. I messed around with a few different brightness settings, and I felt like they lost a bit of contrast when they were brighter. Plus, I was trying to get the fastest shutter speed I could with the greatest DOF (which I obviously failed at), and I had to end up underexposing a little bit when taking the shots.

nice shots. Did you use dye for the water or is it the vessel that's blue?

I was using a blue plate with some lighter blue rings on it.

Most reactions

Back