trying out my new alienbee

2 is great. I really have to get some alien bees when I get some cash. Do you mind me asking what it cost you with the soft box?

Village Idiot - LOL

photogmatt - the link is www.alienbees.com I think alltogether mine was about 400 bucks. Took me a long time to save up for that stuff but it was worth it! :)

With just a brightness/contrast layer mask, in select areas i think that the first one looks great, I hop you don't mind, I gave it a little makeover.
image1.jpg

With just a brightness/contrast layer mask, in select areas i think that the first one looks great, I hop you don't mind, I gave it a little makeover.

Still doesn't look right. It's slightly underexposed, but you have a few slightly blown highlights in the underexposed part that makes it look like a bad contrast job. Maybe touching it with the curves adjustment just a bit would help.

OH I don't mind at all - thanks :) I did shoot this in RAW the original was very blown. I included it in the final gallery anyway because some expressions you just can't exclude. I guess mom doesn't care because the order this morning included 3 8by10's of that one - lol . Go figure. ;) I may try before printing to do a few things to try and make it hurt me less to look at it. LOL

Never mind lol, saw you shot in RAW, was just asking, and you can't bring down the exposure any more than that?

I don't like the catchlights that rectangular softboxes produce. Looks unnatural to me. I like octoboxes better. Yeah I think they much too hot as well. Try maybe just turning down the output on the strobe a bit but keeping the same settings. Do you have it at 1/1?

Most reactions

Back