trying something different

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was going for the 3 piece canvas approach, but somerthing about it seems wrong. let me know what you think.

3canvas.jpg

I do like it actually, its a beautiful shot with an impressive sky to boot. I think the border to the right of the first caption is slightly bigger than that for the middle shot, which is maybe what is throwing you a little. Also for some reason, my eye wants the shot to be flipped horizontally... so the orangy sky is to the right... I've no idea why perhaps thats just siilly!

Anyway, still a top job if you ask me!

The photo looks great witht the color and composition.

In all honisty, the break lines are in the wrong spot.
If you move the break lines a little to the left and/or right, allow the sunlight and the buildings to be more complete, the image would look a little better. Reduce the size of the borders and break lines about 10-15% and the rest will fall into place.

I agree with Soocom1.

Also, my eye is always drawn to the left break at the point where the mountains cross the break. It does not seem to line up there, because of the slope in the middle section. As mentioned, maybe moving the break will help...or maybe crop a little from the image to make it look more like a black lines across one image...rather than one image broken into three.

Keep in mind that the human brain ignores black. You are not looking at the black building, but rather the highlight BEHIND the black building.
So to balance out the image, I would suggest limiting the amount of black in it.

For whatever reason, i think the single largest improvement that could be made is to make the border white if you're going for the truly "3-piece canvas" approach.

Just my two cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back