Trying to decide between 3 sonys...

tofergregg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there. My wonderful but aging Sony DSC-S50 has died (the LCD broke), and I'm trying to find another Sony. I love the features of the cybershots, and I have a bunch of memory sticks I'd like to keep using. Although I might some day get to the F-828 range, right now my budget is a bit more tight, and I really would like something easier to tote. The three cameras I'm looking at are all 5mp, but each has its own drawbacks:

1) DSC-T1 -- What a great looking camera, and TINY, too. Perfect for my pocket, but three issues: red-eye, indoor photos aren't too grand, and non-standard memory sticks (MS-Duos--prob. the dealbreaker).

2) DSC-V1 -- Hey, it's a baby F-828! Well, almost, but not quite small enough. It's seriously in the running, but do I really need all the features at the expense of a non-pocket camera?

3) DSC-P100 -- Okay, kind of in the middle. Not as small as the T1 but more or less fits in a pocket (and a lot cheaper), uses standard memory sticks, and produces good pictures (but a bit of red-eye). Not as many features as the V1 (but again, $150 cheaper).

Hmm. This camera should last me a while, but I may go to an F828 (or SLR?) eventually (+1 year at least). Recommendations? Thanks!

-Tofer

The only Sony that I have ever used personally is the MVC-CD400 we have one at work.
It’s very good for macro shots. But poor in low light and action shot and have heard the same about there other cameras.
To be fair to Sony :wink: action shot are problem with most digital camera with out a true shutter

IMO the DSC-T1 looks to small for the arrange hand, for an ergo point of view there is point where small can be to small

I got the DSC-V1 for the wife for X'mas and we took it to Spain with us. She must have taken over 500 pictures that she kept. (Probably deleted as many too...)

Great camera with lots of capabilities. She espescially likes the ability to zoom and crop pictures on the camera. It fits in my shirt pocket but certainly is not as slim as the DSC-T1. I've been amazed at how good the pictures are and like the ability to shoot in Apature, Shutter, Manual or Programed modes. I bought 2 extra batteries and even after a full day of tourist stuff and using the LCD screen the whole time, she only went through 1 & 1/2 batteries for the day. Rechaged them at night. Really a very versital camera

Most reactions

Back