trying to improve, C&C please

marp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to improve my skills, especially composition. Please tell me, what do you think about these, and how they can be improved. Any feedback is appreciated, don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, they can't be hurt:D.

All are shot with Canon EOS 1000D and 75-300mm lens. They have been PPed: adjusted curves to increase contrast, sharpened, cropped a bit and scaled. In the third one the right part was selectively darkened.

1:
Aperture : F5.7
Exposure Bias : 0
Exposure Program : Aperture priority
Exposure Time : 1/160 s
Focal Length : 90.0 mm
ISO Speed Ratings : 800
Metering Mode : Center weighted average

2:
Aperture : F6.4
Exposure Bias : -2/3
Exposure Time : 1/1250 s
Focal Length : 180.0 mm
ISO Speed Ratings : 200

3:
Aperture : F6.4
Exposure Bias : -2/3
Exposure Time : 1/250 s
Focal Length : 260.0 mm
ISO Speed Ratings : 400

They look great.

Well, if you could remove the blurry thing, lower right, in #2 would do wonders, but...

Keep it up!

They look great.

Well, if you could remove the blurry thing, lower right, in #2 would do wonders, but...

Keep it up!

I was thinking about it, but I don't think I am able to clone it out. I also couldn't remove it on the scene as it was shot in zoo and I was standing on one leg, leaning over a railing and trying not to fall down.

Thanks a lot.

I think all 3 images work well. The first one kinda looks oversharpened though. #3 is a really nice image.

You take good pictures dude, the sharpening hurts the eyes though.

the colors on the parrot shot are brilliant.

The first one: why iso 800? thats why it looks over sharpened because you had to make up for the noise in photoshop?

It was a really cloudy day, it was even raining, when I shot this one (the other two were shot on a different day).

Nevertheless, it may be over sharpened, I was playing with RL deconvolution as a sharpening technique, and probably overdone it. I guess, I will stick to the "classical" USM next time.

Thanks for your reply.

Samanax, ocular: Thanks for your opinions.

1) Nice capture, but it looks way oversharpened.

2) The blur is a little distracting.

3) IMO this is the best shot! Love the colours.

# 3 is my fav. GREAT job done in capturing it and really nice bokeh.
# 2 is good but that blurry thing on the side is sorta distracting.
# 1 is over kill with PP.

Parrot is amazing!

i agree with the others. all are fantastic, but the parrot is simply stunning. the color is absolutely perfect. great job!

i would agree with removing the blurry in #2 just because it distacts from the picture, then i read of how u were leaning over a railing trying to take the picture and it put a smile on my face because i can picture myself doing that too.
i absolutely love #3.. i would frame it!

Most reactions

Back