Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess this goes in this topic...?

pict0038ku6.jpg

pict0033sy7.jpg

pict0051vs7.jpg

pict0065ak7.jpg

I like the composition in 1 & 3! Great shots!

I think 2 is a bit too boring, and 3 is a bit cluttered. For 3 try cropping it to focus on one subject.

How is Tulum? Worthwhile to visit? We are plannign a visit in May...been to Chitzenitza...but missed Tulum last time.

I'll have to be honest... these are very obviously oversharpened. I love the colors you have in this series and I really like the comp on #3. They all could use a little less sharpening...

Thanks for the comments folks. I will be the first to admit my PSing skills are brutal and sharpening is definitely one of my weakest aspects of it.

pete, I have never been to Chitzenitza, but I have been to Tikal in Guatemala, Macchu Pichu in Peru, Angkor Wat in Cambodia and a pile of ruins in Egypt, so Tulum is TINY in comparison. Still interesting though especially since it is on the coast too.

The colours are lovely. I especially like the composition of the third one, with the sailboat off in the distance.

Did you shoot them in JPEG or RAW format? You will get much better editing options if you shoot in RAW. The oversharpening is distracting and I would work on the highlights and shadows a bit... they are bursting with light and would benefit from a little toning down. I find that my D40x, for example, is too slow when shooting sunlit scenery by as much as one fstop and really I need to adjust the exposure in PS as well. I like the composition and think these are very workable images as long as you applied the right editing. Must have been some vacation! I'm jealous really since this is the most sun I've scene in weeks...

3161006007_e2d7d6dcd8.jpg

not exactly comparable.

93rd, if it makes you feel any better. I just got back from a ski trip to Quebec where it was -40C each morning.

I actually did shoot this photos in RAW and tried to tone down the highlights a bit. Pretty nasty shooting around 2pm in the hot sunny clear conditions...

Most reactions

Back