Turbulent Times

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Beginning of the End
800-0057.jpg

Very nice. I love long exposures of water. :)

I really like the circular eye movement!! It immediately caught my eye and almost forces you to keep looking. Great capture!

Very nice!!! it looks so peaceful and yet not at all, all at the same time lol if that makes any sense to anyone else but me

"Der Fels in der Brandung" (Alex_B will understand me).

Everyone's already said everything that was going through my mind, too:

"Wicked cool" ([JR])
"circular eye movement ... immediately caught my eye and almost forces you to keep looking" (Leopardforest)
"peaceful and yet not at all" (The Empress) ----> it all expresses my thoughts on this photo, too.

So, to repeat Roger's question: WHERE in the desert (?) did you FIND it? ;)

I really like this shot, the water movement is great! Nice Shot!

Nice photo, the water almost looks like smoke :).

I'm not around a whole lot anymore, but whenever I get a chance to log in, I come here and go "oh cool, a new abraxas post!"

Freakin amazing as usual. Your posts never seem to disappoint. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

NJ

Thank you everyone!

This and the rest of the water shots I've been posting are from the eastern Sierra Nevada, a couple hundred miles (few hundred km) from where I live.

I googled the reference- Surf's up.

Hmm, I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this, but does anyone else find the bit of rock showing on the bottom edge of the frame a little distracting? I'm not sure if it's possible to crop that out without wrecking the otherwise wonderful image. I think it's great, even with that element distracting me. Very peaceful, and relaxing. It's one of those images that evokes emotion in those who see it, as did your long-exposure waterfall shot. Excellent work, as usual.

I guess after all that time in the hot arid abyss of nothingness, where nothing happens to someone for no reason, it's time to quench your thirst. But even in the land of nothingness there is always a foundation to cling onto, to grasp with our tenuous hopes and desires. Without that inkling of sanguinness all relevance is muted.

Another winner abraxas. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm, I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this, but does anyone else find the bit of rock showing on the bottom edge of the frame a little distracting? I'm not sure if it's possible to crop that out without wrecking the otherwise wonderful image. I think it's great, even with that element distracting me. Very peaceful, and relaxing. It's one of those images that evokes emotion in those who see it, as did your long-exposure waterfall shot. Excellent work, as usual.

Thank you- A lot.

The bit of a sand bar at the bottom is fractionally distracting. I kind of like the little bits of pyrite shining there. When I see something like this I'll usually leave it in for the sake of discussion. If I ever go to some sort of print with it (probably), the decision to leave, crop or clone will be up to the-boss-of-me. Maybe it gives it scale?- Or something to fix on for a bit? It seems that it's not destroying the image at this point. I try to do as little work as possible (not a purist, just lazy).

I guess after all that time in the hot arid abyss of nothingness, where nothing happens to someone for no reason, it's time to quench your thirst. But even in the land of nothingness there is always a foundation to cling onto, to grasp with our tenuous hopes and desires. Without that inkling of sanguinness all relevance is muted.

Another winner abraxas. Thanks for sharing.

Wow. You sure you don't live out here?

-Best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back