What's new

Turtles

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
358
Location
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What area do I need to improve before I will shoot more turtles next weekend? C&C please.
1 $_MG_4833.webp

2$_MG_4857.webp
3$_MG_4920.webp

4$_MG_4934.webp

5$_MG_4980.webp
 
I would say get a few shots showing more of the environment. I am curious where they live. Also time of day if possible it seems like really harsh bright light. I like #2 & #3 but it appears blown out because of the light I mentioned. I have the same turtles.
 
Funnily, I'd say the opposite. The background is quite busy and sometimes the turtle's head is directly in front one of those rod/pipe things in the water (are those bamboo stalks?) I'd suggest a lower angle, like in #3 and 4, and a shallower depth of field to isolate the turtles a bit more. Watch the background and try to get the heads more against the water so it doesn't get lost.

The light is tricky - they come out when the sun is strong but that's when the light is harsh. I'd try to go as late in the afternoon as possible while they're still out.
 
Not too expensive. I got this one on ebay for $88 and free shipping.

B+W 52 mm XS-Pro Nano Digital Kaesemann Circular Polarizer

The only I don't like is that the part that rotates is stiff and messes with the focus on my lens so it's a balancing act.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom