Tweet, Chirrup, and twitter

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Awesome! I keep trying, but mine just aren't there, yet. It MUST be my equipment's fault that mine don't turn out like this; it couldn't possibly be my skill level... :lol:

Ha ha...maybe. I thought that too, but started using my equipment better...and stalking the birdies better. :)
That must be it because I am using the same cheap equipment...I have no "L" anywhere in my kit. :)

In all seriousness, I *know* that my equipment is capable of producing far better results than I've gotten so far, although I do think I'm improving.
Stalking the little birdies IS one of the biggest challenges. The ones in my backyard know me, and they TAUNT me. They know when I come out with my camera and they holler at all the other birds in the neighborhood to stay WAY up high in the trees so I can't get close enough. Or, in the case of the woodpeckers and the finches...they land ONLY on the side of the tree that hides them from me!
But, when I don't take the camera, they flit and fly around and land 20 feet from me...because they KNOW. Sometimes, I can hear the mockingbirds...well, MOCKING me. :lol:

#2 (Blue Tit) is slightly oof. The others are great!

I really like the last one. If you could clone out the tell-tale on-camera flash shadow, it would be stunning.

I agree with Sparky.. except for #2.. these are very nice! Well done! :)

In all seriousness, I *know* that my equipment is capable of producing far better results than I've gotten so far, although I do think I'm improving.
Stalking the little birdies IS one of the biggest challenges. The ones in my backyard know me, and they TAUNT me. They know when I come out with my camera and they holler at all the other birds in the neighborhood to stay WAY up high in the trees so I can't get close enough. Or, in the case of the woodpeckers and the finches...they land ONLY on the side of the tree that hides them from me!
But, when I don't take the camera, they flit and fly around and land 20 feet from me...because they KNOW. Sometimes, I can hear the mockingbirds...well, MOCKING me. :lol:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! ha ha!

#2 (Blue Tit) is slightly oof. The others are great!

I really like the last one. If you could clone out the tell-tale on-camera flash shadow, it would be stunning.

I agree with Sparky.. except for #2.. these are very nice! Well done! :)

Thanks. I included the Blue Tit as it's the best CLOSE UP I have of one so far...but they move quick, hence the OOF.
I'll have a look at the flash shadow...I use the on-camera flash dialled down to at least -1, just to fill without being too startling for the birdies...

Cheers

Most reactions

Back