Twilight at Derwentwater

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have dne quite a lot of shooting at dawn and dusk, and as it has been very still (and I managed to leave my insect repellent at home, I have been eaten alive by the local insects. I have so many bites, I have applying antihistamine as if it is body lotion!

On the shores of Derwentwater last night, at 2236.

Fuji GFX100s GF 32 - 64 47mm ISO 50, f/16 2 mins

Twilight approaches Derwentwater by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I like this one much better than the others, it's brighter and more natural, imo.
The other two is the same shot almost an hour after sunset. So yes, it will be darker. There is no sense in making a twilight shot look like a daylight shot - after all it is called the blue hour!

Nice set of pics! I like the blue hour, with the green contrasting off of the blue. The early evening has a nice glow to it.

The other two is the same shot almost an hour after sunset. So yes, it will be darker. There is no sense in making a twilight shot look like a daylight shot - after all it is called the blue hour!
I agree, I wouldn't try to make a twilight shot look like anything other myself, it would create unwanted noise if you did. Just saying I like the daytime shot best, that's all.

the last doesn't seem balanced (ofc at least for me), the object is the island which should be centered, otherwise the dis-balance is distracting ..

edit: taking that back, it's nice image, it just requires to look on that longer :)

Generally if a subject is centred, it's breaking some composition rules - not that that is an issue in and of itself. If I was trying to keep it strictly symmetrical, that would be the case, but there are some stones visible in the reflection at the bottom, so I took it to 16:10 and put the horizon on the lower third.

Generally if a subject is centred, it's breaking some composition rules - not that that is an issue in and of itself. If I was trying to keep it strictly symmetrical, that would be the case, but there are some stones visible in the reflection at the bottom, so I took it to 16:10 and put the horizon on the lower third.
I corrected myself above after posting the initial statement ... image is very nice, it just requires to look on that further

I corrected myself above after posting the initial statement ... image is very nice, it just requires to look on that further
No problem and thank you

Most reactions

Back