Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While I mostly photograph natural landscapes, I also enjoy a lot working on cityscapes. In this post, I'll share with you three images of iconic man-made buildings, shot in Iceland during two different trips there. All images have been shot with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm with Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters on the first two of them. First, the Gotham-city like Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure was 203 seconds:

X1DII1_02067.jpg

Then, the iconic Sun Voyager in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure here was "just" 91 seconds:⁠

X1DII1_02062.jpg

And finally, a repost of Northern Lights over the Black Church at Budir, which I revisited, cropping the image a bit on the right side to de-center the church a bit more (a change inspired by a forum comment, actually). Exposure for this one was a meagre 23 seconds, camera was the original X1D and of course no filters for this one:

X1D2_00487.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

My jaw just dropped.

Definitely outstanding!

Wonderful as always. Had you tried cloning out the trees on the left in the first? Just a thought.

My jaw just dropped.

:) Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the set! :)

Definitely outstanding!

Thank you very much indeed, much appreciated! :)

Incredible photography, well done.....

Thank you very much indeed Jeff, glad you enjoyed them! :)

Beyond beautiful work.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Jeff, truly much appreciated! :)

Wonderful as always. Had you tried cloning out the trees on the left in the first? Just a thought.

Thank yo uvera much Dean, that's very kind of you to say! :) About the trees, I actually did and ended up discarding the edit. I understand your point perfectly, but one of my pet things is to try and break a perfect symmetry with some element(s) that would add a bit of interest: here I cleaned the right side, which had a few trees as well, and left them on the left where they contrast against the light and - to me at least - do create a "starting point to enter the image and browse it. Of course, as I said, I completely appreciate the want for a clean symmetry instead :)

I love #2.

Thank yo uvera much PJM! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back