Two moms brought their kids for a walk @ our place.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One had four kids

IMG_4089sm.jpg

and the other six of them.

IMG_4087sm.jpg

They were a long distance off so these are big crops.

They're both overexposed. I don't know how you would have remedied that, tho. I would imagine a flash would scare them off. Not that you could have gotten close enough to them for the flash to be effective. :meh:

We see turkeys around here from time to time. I know how skittish they are.

Did you use a teleconverter?

I'm asking because I could borrow one from the landlord of our holiday home on Gotland in June, and some of the results I got (even in light as bright as yours was here) were like your second photo ... I wasn't totally convinced a converter is THE thing to go for...

I'm asking because I could borrow one from the landlord of our holiday home on Gotland in June, and some of the results I got (even in light as bright as yours was here) were like your second photo ... I wasn't totally convinced a converter is THE thing to go for...

I answered that question in a post prior to yours but it somehow disappeared. :confused:

Try again Ron.

The turkeys were about 300' away & I used my Canon S5 with a Sony 1.7 tele-converter. The foreground was in shade (cropped out mostly) & it fooled the in camera metering into over exposing. We were having lunch on the balcony when they appeared & I had about a minute to run inside, fetch a camera & get off 4 shots before they disappeared over the hill. You get what you can with wildlife.

I answered that question in a post prior to yours but it somehow disappeared. :confused:

Try again Ron.

The turkeys were about 300' away & I used my Canon S5 with a Sony 1.7 tele-converter. The foreground was in shade (cropped out mostly) & it fooled the in camera metering into over exposing. We were having lunch on the balcony when they appeared & I had about a minute to run inside, fetch a camera & get off 4 shots before they disappeared over the hill. You get what you can with wildlife.

Nice! One more thing children and wildlife have in common....:lol:

Most reactions

Back