Two months of Photography learning

okwori12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is what i came up with using a single lighting. Is a self shoot using 10 seconds timer.

Attachments

• IMG_3712-2.JPG
    IMG_3712-2.JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3714.JPG
    IMG_3714.JPG
    437.1 KB · Views: 145
I can't offer any advice other than maybe lifting the shadows a tad, maybe bump the contrast but that is my noob opinion. I like them both. Well done in a short period of time IMO.

A white reflector on the model's left side would improve the shadows somewhat.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

E
I can't offer any advice other than maybe lifting the shadows a tad, maybe bump the contrast but that is my noob opinion. I like them both. Well done in a short period of time IMO.

Thanks so much. I will put in my best

I would suggest getting a reflector on the right, as I find is is too dark.
... and as noted above, you did a pretty good job with learning lighting.

Here is the one with a reflector

Attachments

• IMG_3735.JPG
    IMG_3735.JPG
    510.7 KB · Views: 161
I am far from a portrait guy but I think you may need to have more space between yourself and the backdrop and try a lower aperture to reduce DOF.

I am far from a portrait guy but I think you may need to have more space between yourself and the backdrop and try a lower aperture to reduce DOF.

This is a good suggestion but to me the image is a little soft to begin with. The issue with doing "selfie" portraits is getting the focus on the eye by yourself. Using a fill-in will help to focus on the spot and then you ca get in that exact spot.

As for the lighting, I think the last one with the reflector added in, is the best lite. I like that first but it is a little dark in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments. Hapy to be here. Still practicing lighting reading and also watching video. Currently i don't have a model to do the practice with so am doig more of selfie. For that reason, my focus may not be too sharp but please keep those comments coming.

Here is another one i just took in my small studio.

Attachments

• IMG_3887-1.JPG
    IMG_3887-1.JPG
    566.9 KB · Views: 149

Most reactions

Back