Two More Building Shots

Robshoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_7202-Bright Building s.jpeg

_MG_7208-Gray Buildings s.jpeg

Thanks very much, Tyg. I did crop it a bit to get rid of some stuff on the bottom.

Both great but that first one really sucks you in/up.

Thank you both.

Yep, #1 for me, too. Excellent. Good tonal range while being high contrast. That composition seems well balanced to me. The second shot my eyes want the vertical lines parallel. Just me.

I bet you would do great stuff with a tilt shift lens.

Did you shoot that in raw, then processed into B&W?

Yep, #1 for me, too. Excellent. Good tonal range while being high contrast. That composition seems well balanced to me. The second shot my eyes want the vertical lines parallel. Just me.

I bet you would do great stuff with a tilt shift lens.
Thank you for the vote of confidence, Zulu42. I agree with both of your assessments. I like number one the best, and with number two it was going to be one vertical line or the other but not both from that angle. It looks a little off-kilter. But there was just something about the second shot that appealed to me so I posted it. The feedback is always useful.

Interesting viewpoints and a nice conversion. Spot on exposure as well. Would have been so easy to blow the highlights in the second.

Interesting viewpoints and a nice conversion. Spot on exposure as well. Would have been so easy to blow the highlights in the second.
Thank you, John. I try to follow Sean Tucker’s advice about protecting the highlights and embracing the shadows. Sound advice so far.

Most reactions

Back