What's new

Two more for C&C

Eclectix

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2013
Messages
209
Reaction score
70
Location
Colorado, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hopefully these will get more response than my last post; not every post can be a crowd pleaser.

This wonderful statue is tucked away on the grounds of our local city hall. Most people who live in this city will never see it unless they happen to have reason to visit City Hall, and happen to drive in the back way to get there.

1 $00IMG_0830 1000p.webp

2$00IMG_0847 1000p.webp
 
I like the first one. I like the halo effect of the sun behind the head/antlers. In my (rather noobish) opinion, it would look a little better with some more saturation (not too much, just a little). But otherwise, good work.
 
I think #1 could benefit from some crazy colorization in post. Not sure what I'm thinking but maybe try to make it a nighttime shot...
Good general composition anyway.
# 2 would have looked better if the foreground was lit properly IMO.
 
I thought I'd try the nighttime approach. I used the channel mixer to darken the blues and desaturated everything, finishing it off with just a hint of bluish cast. I like it, but I'm not sure if I like it more than the original.

$00IMG_0830bw 1000p.webp

Edit: for fun I added in some stars. It's certainly more dramatic that way but it's starting to look a bit more cooked than I like my photography.

$00IMG_0830stars 1000p.webp
 
Last edited:
#1 is cool but the foreground tree is distracting to me.
 
Weirdly enough, I think the shot with the stars is my favorite. I know it's a bit much, but it works for me!
 
I like # 1 and the one with the stars, the halo effect is pretty cool. Works for me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom