What's new

Two more of the male Green-Breasted Mango

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
1,446
Location
Corozal, Belize
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Lantana continues to be the best addition to my garden when it comes to attracting birds. I got these yesterday.

A00_3567PS1 16x9_292 - Copy.webp


DSC_7783PS1 16x9_293 - Copy.webp
 
Although I like that the 2nd shot is filled with color, it does "mask" the birds to some extent. And while the bird looks better in the 1st, I feel the background is a bit drab.

This one is kinda in the middle...


A00_3521PS1 16x9_290 - Copy.webp
 
This 3rd one is the best I think, love the extra blue in the back

My wife insists that I am "too picky" when it comes to my photos. I pick out things that few non-photographers would.

So, in that spirit... I agree that the blue sky looks really nice. I just wish I had a circular polarizer for that lens to give that beautiful, deep blue sky. And I wish the front of the bird's face was lit a little better especially between the eye and the beak.
 
Beautiful iridescent emerald color!

They DO look really cool in good light. I'm lucky and a little spoiled at this point!

My next goal is to catch the Cinnamon hummingbird in and around the Lantana flowers and not just at the feeder. That will be tough since the Cinnamon almost never does that and almost drinks from the feeder exclusively.
 
Beautiful shots! The angle of light was just perfect!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom