What's new

two pair

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
twopair071512.jpg
 
I'm always drawn to this kind of thing but I don't think they make great pictures.

Also the treatment seems a little flat. Needs more contrast.

That thing in the upper right corner is distracting. Clone it out?
 
I find a happy couple and an unhappy couple.The color of stone wall matches that of the cast iron pipes
 
I'm always drawn to this kind of thing but I don't think they make great pictures.

Also the treatment seems a little flat. Needs more contrast.

That thing in the upper right corner is distracting. Clone it out?

Yeah, it certainly is an image that doesn't jump out of the page at you, and I agree that this sort of thing often doesn't make good subject matter, and perhaps it doesn't in this case, but technically the contrast is there. The pipes are inherently low-contrast and I don't think they would look good if I forced it.

I considered the mortar line in the upper right to be part of the framing, along with the one in the lower left, but I'll think about it and see how it ages for me. I always try to live with an image for a little while before making any final decisions. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Thanks for your comments as well Frequency - an interesting take on it that hadn't occurred to me.
 
Great composition of what seems to have been a pretty difficult scene to frame. I disagree about this not being interesting – my eyes keep going from left to right and back, and I find the subject(s) very cool. I do agree that more contrast would help set this off, but this is obviously a matter of taste and if you like it as is then our comments are just white noise.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I believe that this is a prime candidate for a B&W conversion – either that, or otherwise crank the saturation to 11.
 
Great composition of what seems to have been a pretty difficult scene to frame. I disagree about this not being interesting – my eyes keep going from left to right and back, and I find the subject(s) very cool. I do agree that more contrast would help set this off, but this is obviously a matter of taste and if you like it as is then our comments are just white noise.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I believe that this is a prime candidate for a B&W conversion

Thanks Federico. I seem to have very off-beat tastes in this sort of thing because I like the subtle colors in it and the contrast seems right to me. If it had been more saturated I probably would have desaturated it to about this point. I made some quick attempts at BW but didn't really go for it. As I said before I will try out the various comments and see how it ages. Comments are always appreciated and are never just white noise - they make me question my choices and even if I end up where I started the process is worthwhile.

– either that, or otherwise crank the saturation to 11.

... as in Spinal Tap? :lmao:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom