Two white balances, one photo?

bigfatbadger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Aaaargh!

I've recently done this shoot for a local magazine. The problem is is that there's two lighting conditions, one inside (lightbulbs) and one outside (daylight). The daylight is too dark to light anything, so the white balance setting has to be for the inside. However, when yuo view the outside through the windows, it looks completely mental (well, extremely blue).

Is there a way to sort this out without repainting every pixel in photoshop? Below is an example, the sky looks totally artificial!
llpresents9.jpg

Thanks in advance!

did you take one with the white balnce ste for out side in exactly the same spot?, if you did i may be able to help you

I gave it a quick going over...... you could use a similar technique on the original file...... and spend a bit longer fine tuning it......

I made it look more like early evening...... but its up to you what tone you create......

llpresents91.jpg

Basically all you do is go to 'select'........ then 'colour range'...... when the window pops up, click in the blue area on the image...... it will then make a rough selection in the window...... move the slider untill you've got a tight enough selection....... and click ok...... zoom right in..... if the selection isnt tight enough then go to 'select' then 'grow'........

When you have all the blue selected...... you can use hue/sat..... colour balence...... etc..... untill you have a toned down colour that your happy with.

Most reactions

Back