Type of lens i see around. If you could help explain

Alter_Ego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So theres this type of lens ive seen where the outside of the lens (the black part) extends pass the lens and is concaved.

52mm_2_0X_telephoto_conversion_lens_for_digital_cameras.jpg

Kinda like this one but further out and it curves.

excuse my poor english. English was a second langauge for me.

Maybe you mean a lens hood? Hard to know actually what you're talking about.

camera-lens-hood.jpg

Lens-Hood-Filter-s.jpg

Fisheye adapter or "wide-angle converter" is what I think the OP is looking for. Nice job on your post Munky!

Fisheye adapter or "wide-angle converter" is what I think the OP is looking for. Nice job on your post Munky!

Sure I just wanna help the guy out; not long ago i was having trouble posting or maybe still am; but everyday with practice one improves :thumbup:

Munky its looks like your forth image but the hood extends out longer.

Could be a wide angle? Cause i usually see people using it for landscape.

Yeah, he is just talking about a lens hood. It's just to prevent too much light coming into the lens. Usually I use it if I am going to shoot outside and there is a lot of sun out. Lens hood allows you to shoot at an angle closer to the source of light without getting the glare.

Here, I found these images online to compare. They are taken with the same camera, same time of day, same lens, same location, everything is THE SAME except that in one the photographer used his hand to shade the lens, and in one he/she did not. A lens hood actually ON THE LENS means that you wouldn't have to use your hand to shade it.

Unshaded Lens:
Backlit%20flowers%20lens%20hood%20web.jpg

Shaded Lens:
Backlit-flowers-lens-hood-shading-web.jpg

Both images were from this website:
Canon EF 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 DO IS USM lens test - photo.net

Most reactions

New Topics

Back