Typical Suburban Scene

Harmony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not too sure about this one... it switches from me loving it to me thinking it's ridiculously amateurish. I'm also having a bit of trouble with the conversion (if you follow my work, you'll know I love dark blacks and blown out whites...).

I'll keep playing with it, critiques are welcomed.

3487329979_4e975717f6_o.jpg

I like it. I am a Photoshop beginner, but here's an alternative I came up with--cropped differently, removed the arbor thing over the car on the left, tried to enhance the contrast between the woman's hair and the shrubs in the background a little. My work on the background behind the car on the left could use a little tweaking.

1-1.jpg

Interesting crop, but I feel that it's slightly too dark. Although: bravo on the woman's hair! How did you do that?

Interesting crop, but I feel that it's slightly too dark. Although: bravo on the woman's hair! How did you do that?

I just selected the hair and increased brightness. There are better ways, I think, using layers. Linear dodge or something--not sure.

A lot of views, but not too many comments... I don't know how to say this, so don't take it wrong: I think it's one of those shots that if it were in a magazine somewhere, with an article, it would have good impact and many would think it captures the feeling. Being posted for critique somehow takes something away that should be there.

Hope that makes sense :)

I think it says something. There are various ways to interpret it: The wife's impatience while her husband waits for the stupid dog who ate her cat and chrysanthemums, stuff like that. In reality, the guy's name is Manny. He owns a chain of small-time electronics stores and is into the mob for money he cannot hope to repay. He's thinking about this while he calls his one true friend, his dog Biff. Biff will stand by him when his wife, Rosemary, leaves in disgust after two of Tony Bones' soldiers break Manny's kneecaps.

There are many possible interpretations for the photo. I like it a lot.

Most reactions

Back