Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1)
ccs-1.jpg

2)
ccsail.jpg

Are you going to make a logo for your sailing team? I think that would be a good undertaking, and a good way to exercise your photoshop skills. But what you need to understand with Graphic Design and typography is that often times less can be more (same with photography too I guess, right?)

I personally suggest checking out smashingmagazine.com. It's a great resource for graphic designers/typographers/and photographers also. There's also a lot of sweet GD.

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/08/12/30-new-free-high-quality-fonts-typography/

Check out ^this^ set of fonts, this is one collection of many. You'll see that it's not always as much about grabbing the eye with bright colors, it's about leading the eye in and making an impression via visual communication.

Every one of these seems gimmicky. The last one is simply over the top bad. A logo is supposed to represent and distill and to convey a positive connotation for the company,product, team,organization it represents,and none of these seem to be "positive"...just gimmicky.

Here's a logo that my girlfriend and I are playing around with for our photography business (whenever we get around to it) that I can offer as an example of using negative space, and making it simple, readable, and attractive (at least attention drawing).

16865_218899392534_218893887534_3093491_5514868_n.jpg

Most reactions

Back