No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone interested in the next one ?

Penciled in for approximatly Septemeber 2nd / 3rd ?

Who would be interested ?

What dates suit ?

And where ?

Code:

Dates: Weekend of 2nd and 3rd Spetember 2006.

People:
Lensmister - Saturday.
LaFoto - Subject to Family commitments.
Hertz - Subject to Cheese being involved.
doenoe - Also subject to cheese and availability.
MommyOf4Boys - Subject to flights, hotels, and family.
tempra - subject to family commitments.
Archangel - Subject to losing his terrible cough ;)
PlasticSpanner - 
nitefly - to be advised.
Rob - Subject ot Cheese being supllied by Hertz.
Duncanp - Possibly.
lostprophet - quote - I WILL be at the next one .... honest guv
Mentos - Subject to getting a pencil.
bigfatbadger - Also subject to getting a pencil.
Simon - Probably coming.
fate - maybe
Ian_W - subject to other commitments

i'll pencil it in.... but i still wouldn't be 100% sure untill its near the time for reasons i'v mentioned on other meet up threads...... how about the westcountry huh?..... we've got plenty for the landscapers and wildlife photogs.... not to mention the historical areas....... unfortunately tho the cities are a bit lame :lol:

I'll put it into my calendar on that suggested weekend - 2/3 September. Hope hubby's not away "sailing with the guys" right then, but I guess his do is later in September.

Ideas for locations:

York - Old and new parts of the city, National Railway Museum (free),

London - See the previous meet up.

West Country - Salisbury and the small villages.

Oxfordshire - Some lovely villages and the historical city itself.

Whitby - Dracula, Old historic town, Captain Cook, Local for places like National Park inc. North Yorkshire Moors, The Steam Railway, Beach and Seaside etc.

Anyone else got ideas ?

I would love to come! I have never been outside of the United States, so I would need a buddy to hold my hand so I do not get lost, but what a perfect time to do it! Let me check on how much airfare, etc is for that time.
Does anyone know where I would want to fly in to??

MommyOf4Boys said:
I would love to come! I have never been outside of the United States, so I would need a buddy to hold my hand so I do not get lost, but what a perfect time to do it! Let me check on how much airfare, etc is for that time.

Main Airports in the UK are London Heathrow and London Gatwick.

Others are Manchester and Stansted.

Try Virgin for good deals, and BA or United or American Airlines.

MommyOf4Boys said:

Probably Heathrow or Gatwick would be best, or maybe Manchester if it was further north.

I'm trying to find out when we are going on holiday as there's loads of family things going on this summer with people arriving from distant shores, but I do believe that first weekend of september is good for me.

And if it's Oxford, then they'll be setting up for St Giles Fair on the Sunday - although thats pretty late in the day.

Oh wow! I searched Virgin and it was over $3000, then I searched BA it was $1100, then I did United Airlines and only $878!!! Sooo, now all I have to do is talk my husband into it! It will be right around my birthday so I will just throw that at him and tell him that this would be the most wonderful birthday gift he could ever give me! HAHAHAHA

since i havent planned a vacation for this year, it might be a good plan to join you guys. Think it would be great. Ill put this date on my calender (well, the date is allready on it......i think you get it :p)
Would be great if you would be there to Sara :)

I think a really good location for a meet-up would be somewhere central like... oooh... Rutland would be a good choice. Plenty of stuff to photograph, good beer and all the cheese you can stuff down your underwear.

Rutland?
That famous Rutland?
Oh.
Well.
Yeah.
Very cool.

York would be fantastic, but Rutland would beat that by lengths!
Go Rutland go! :lol:

Rutland ... cheese down underpants ..... ? hmmm ... OK I am NOT taking Hertz's photo with Cheese ... or any other cow or goat related produce ..... ;)

Ok so if the wife reads this she's going to think we are all REAL strange ....

Actually she thinks we are already and she HASN'T see this :er: :p

I do almost anywhere provided I can get back to home same day (she works on Sundays and has no leave left due to our trip to the USA)

Rail is no problem (no stations in Rutland). Or I can drive (provided the brakes are ok see my 1000th post ;) )

bigfatbadger said:
Can I come?

Anyone can come .... just let Hertz know what cheese, and pants size you are .... and he will advise accordingly. .... :lmao:

MommyOf4Boys said:
Oh wow! I searched Virgin and it was over $3000
You are kidding right ?

I am hitting the USA (Calif) in July and August for 3 weeks, with hotels and upgraded car, insurance for 3 Adults and two kids and it's only costing £6000.

Must be a cheaper deal than that ..... but then again .. maybe not. :(

Let's all see what can be arranged ......

try www.virtualtourist.com for info on deals and on places to see and do! (mumbles I have my own pages there too).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back