UK Wedding Photographer Sued

Not quite sure what to think of this. I'd really need to see all of the pictures to judge whether the right decision was made here.

Though, this is the most painful line in the article...
But how hard can it be to get great shots at a happy occasion, where everyone is dressed up in picturesque locations? Most guests bring along their own cameras, after all.
...and I don't think I need to explain why.

The memorable shots from Marc and Sylvia Day's wedding are unusual, to say the least. Decapitated guests, a ceremony hardly visible through the gloom, and random close-ups of... not the bouquet, or a snatched kiss, but of carriage wheels. The three-year-old bridesmaid - caught in one snap without her clothes on - could have done a better job.
It certainly sounds bad, but does the contract specify that the clients must be happy? If not, you can certainly claim incompetence, but at least in this country that's not enough to meet the corpus delicti requirements of any crime that I'm aware of. Sadly, people are indeed free to be incompetent, and even make claims to the effect that they are not...

- Randy

Not sure the lawsuit is warranted, or legal, but if you take a look at the 2 shots they show on the page, they're pretty bad, especially when there were probably a couple amateurs in there getting better shots. (Usually you'll find at least a couple people practicing)

Most reactions

Back