Uliya -Beauty Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uliya is a professional dancer and choreographer that I lived with last year. She hired me in February to take a portrait of her.
Shot using the original Canon 5D with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro usm lens attached, set to f/11, 1/160th sec, ISO 100.
_MG_0159.jpg

_MG_0159.jpg

Great job capturing the eyes, they really help make this photo spectacular.

Wonderful image...

Masterful. I appreciate the peek at the process, too.

It's the sensual, sweeping shapes I particularly like. Hair, shoulders, back and the close crop to accentuate.

Stunning before and after shots! She’s gorgeous of course but you’ve really highlighted her best features (eyes and lips IMO) and minimized any skin imperfections without making her appear fake or plastic. Bravo.

Stunning before and after shots! She’s gorgeous of course but you’ve really highlighted her best features (eyes and lips IMO) and minimized any skin imperfections without making her appear fake or plastic. Bravo.
Thank you! I'm particularly happy with this retouch. I feel as if I usually struggle with women's skin.

It's the sensual, sweeping shapes I particularly like. Hair, shoulders, back and the close crop to accentuate.
Thank you so much. I had an assistant using a reflector board to make wind with to try and get some movement in the hair, and we got it just perfect in this shot (I think so at least).

Masterful. I appreciate the peek at the process, too.
Thank you so much! I was hesitant about sharing the before and after because I quite like the original tones too, but opted to go with my edit.

Most reactions

Back