Umbrella lights vs Softbox lighting on seamless background?

alvinahmed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my current setup I have right now is two SB600 speedlights mounted onto white umbrellas, and a 10 x 20 white muslin backdrop. I'm planning to get a white seamless paper backdrop, but I'm wondering if the umbrella set up will create too much reflection on the paper backdrop. I was also planning to get a softbox, but I'm not sure how they would look in comparison with one another. Any ideas? Oh and I'm just taking pictures of my friend's birthday, so its like a little photobooth.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows any good shops where they sell seamless paper. I'd rather check it out in person, rather than buying it online. Thanks in advance.

In LA, there must be 20 camera shops that sell seamless paper rolls. SAMY's Camera, for one example. Softbox?? Low-cost, Chinese-made ones for $38 each with speedring and mounting hardware for light stand AND speedlight! JWbryson on TPF bought 2 like 2 weeks back.

THe key is this: if the light on the white paper is significantly "stronger than" the "main light" (the main light can also be called the "key" light) is on the people, then the paper will be white. A person does NOT need to "blast" the paper with a ton of light to make it white; instead, the secret is that the AMOUNT of light hitting the paper has to be significantly MORE LIGHT than is hitting the subjects!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back