Underwater Photography

GotaLuvThosPens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have experience in this?? I have a shoot coming up and we really want to do underwater shots....
The waterproof housing has a huge range of pricing. I'm cheap.... soooo looking at lower end but obviously a little worried....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-SLR-Came...item1c1169aae8

Any thoughts?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sure if you don't mind putting your $300 camera in a $15 bag

^+1

I can't see how you will ever be able to adjust any functions, while the camera is in the bag...

Maybe you can try to rent an underwater camera?

I've seen better ones for like... about $120.

Not bad, as opposed to buying a whole 'nother camera.

or you could get the sea&sea ones. I think for my d200 it was about 2500 dollars. Its not smart to put such an expensive camera in such a cheap bag.. i wouldnt trust it.

Yeah I've changed my mind and I'm going to just use a point and shoot for the under water shots. I just can't risk it.

My sister, and my girlfriend both now shoot with the new Olympus underwater cameras. They work very well considering they are cheap point and shoots in a crap environment.

good idea with not risking ur camera especially w/ a cheap case.

ye its expensive. But so much fun!!!

Hey, I've got a Nikonos V if anyone's interested.

Lessons learned for underwater photographersFirst, do not put all your faith in anyone else to keep you safe during a dive. We literally put our lives in the hands of an eager, but incompetent dive guide2, who very nearly led us to disaster.

Second, don’t put yourself in any situation that you cannot safely get yourself out of.

Third, always stay calm and take the time to find a solution to your problem.

Fourth: think twice about pushing the envelope to get that really great shot or experience that really great thing. Plan your dive and dive your plan, as they say.

Most reactions

Back