What's new

University of Maryland Track & Field

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
594
Reaction score
12
Location
Washington D.C. Metro Area
I was asked to shoot the track event for University of of Maryland last Saturday. I do not own a FAST long focal lens, so I positioned myself trackside and made the best of my 18-200 VR lens. The lighting in the indoor facility was not the greatest either so a lot of my shots were a bit noisier then I'd like them to be but over all, I was pleased with my results. The college really wanted profile shots that were clear and sharp but after I got most of the main shots, I decided to pan a bit. I shot this picture of my brother-in-law for just fun.

20060129215221_matt_running.jpg
 
If I were your brother-in-law, I'd love this photo ... it is rare for any of us to get such a good action photo of ourselves taken while out ... erm ... being in action. Running in this case. Really nice and you chose a long enough exposure time to get the background really blurred much, much more than my train pic, but for that, exposure time was quite short (but the train a tad faster than your brother-in-law while running track ... I would assume... ;))
 
great panning amazing how you managed to keep the subject pin sharp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom