UNR Volleyball Coverage

Brinr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brinrphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Where is the story?? =) I want to see set, pass and kill!!!
Volleyball is a some what nice sport to cover!! You know pretty much exactly where the pass is going to go. (on college level at least) I want to see some action!!
Disclaimer......I play vball. If you have some fast glass you should be able to get some nice shots.

I play volleyball, and I must admit you didn't present the sport as I'd like it to be presented. Volleyball is sweat, blood and tears. It's pancaking, it's quick kills, it's precision sets, it's wicked serves, it's reaching for the ball and barely saving it, it's fair game and it's loads of fun.

I wasn't fussy on the blur action but what it did show me was that you looked at this sport from a different perspective and have some nice images.

I play volleyball, and I must admit you didn't present the sport as I'd like it to be presented. Volleyball is sweat, blood and tears. It's pancaking, it's quick kills, it's precision sets, it's wicked serves, it's reaching for the ball and barely saving it, it's fair game and it's loads of fun.

I think I love you. :lol:

I think I love you. :lol:

Whoa, not sure if I'm ready to proclaim the L-word yet.... :lol:

I was so excited to open this and see if someone else could help me... Volleyball is HARD AS HELL! I can't get the hang of it in any way shape or form!
These are some cool shots. VERY yellow/gold in color.
I like the action one... It wouldn't sell to the parents (which is my first concern) but it's an awesome image!

I was so excited to open this and see if someone else could help me... Volleyball is HARD AS HELL! I can't get the hang of it in any way shape or form!
These are some cool shots. VERY yellow/gold in color.
I like the action one... It wouldn't sell to the parents (which is my first concern) but it's an awesome image!

Have you been around the sport a lot? :sexywink:

Where's the sand? No bikinis either... I gotta agree it looks from these photos it could be a chess match. But maybe you didn't post the slam the ball down their throats pictures. I don't get the legs picture but maybe that's a sports thing.

Hey thanks for the replies. I was really tying to go for a different look with these, trying to switch it up from the standard action shots, make you see something else. Maybe it was poorly executed, oh well. Also I was avoiding action shots because that gym is a hole, there's no light whatsoever and I haven't got the fastest glass in the world so It was really hard to freeze motion in that atmosphere. I did take a bunch of them but I didn't post them because of the blurred action. The one I did post was kind of a bad pan execution. Anyway thanks for lookin!

Yes and no. Not from the time I graduated 20+ years ago until this summer's beach Volleyball League.
I will admit that knowing the sport and what to expect and anticipate has helped me. Part of my problem is finding the perfect spot to be, part of it is deciding on which lens I want to be using, part of it is learning to begin shooting BEFORE and hope that what I anticipate is correct!
I have been working with a 28-75 and a 70-200 on 2 different bodies. Invariably if I have the wrong one to my eye. Then there is the gyms I am having to deal with... It's a nightmare. I can shoot any other sport just fine-even ones I understand little of!!! Volleyball? HARD AS HELL TO SHOOT!

Yes and no. Not from the time I graduated 20+ years ago until this summer's beach Volleyball League.
I will admit that knowing the sport and what to expect and anticipate has helped me. Part of my problem is finding the perfect spot to be, part of it is deciding on which lens I want to be using, part of it is learning to begin shooting BEFORE and hope that what I anticipate is correct!
I have been working with a 28-75 and a 70-200 on 2 different bodies. Invariably if I have the wrong one to my eye. Then there is the gyms I am having to deal with... It's a nightmare. I can shoot any other sport just fine-even ones I understand little of!!! Volleyball? HARD AS HELL TO SHOOT!

THANK YOU MLEEK!!!! You are so right, there's almost nothing you can do, all the backgrounds are busy, you can't flash, there's no light (what there is is yellow as hell)!

THANK YOU MLEEK!!!! You are so right, there's almost nothing you can do, all the backgrounds are busy, you can't flash, there's no light (what there is is yellow as hell)!
CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE! But expect every 6th photo or so to be REALLY wonky from cycling lights.

I play a lot of outside doubles so that would be a little easier....=) I feel your pain.

Finding the spot might be tricky, yes.

Here's a few tips:

You can't shoot all the touches from the same spot. You need to move around. Perhaps it would be easier to focus on one team at the time, seeing as the net is dividing the field in two. Position yourself to get good kills. Would be cool if you manage to capture a good "back set" (player setting the ball back over their head). Volleyball is a quick sport, so you must be ready. If the kill comes from the middle position, you're likely to miss it if you're not paying attention. It's not like football where you can follow the ball, or anticipate where it's going. You must be ready for the ball, be lucky in your framing. Basic understanding of rotational systems wouldn't hurt either ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back