Untitled C&C please.

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one is not just a play image as I kinda like this one, so please C&C if I can improve on it, or if I missed something in shooting it.

8316999976_ff848b1982_c.jpg

Remember I really new at this..But from my prespective, if you crop this just above the right bush, the whole thing take on a different dynamic.
I think the far shore is competing for attention.

Wow, I just did a fake crop with it on my phone, and my goodness it looks a TON better after the far shore is gone.

I agree about the far shore competing for attention, at least for me. I would have liked it to be blurred out a bit so the focus is on the foreground. The image is pretty well balanced with the barrel and bush behind it.

Remember I really new at this..But from my prespective, if you crop this just above the right bush, the whole thing take on a different dynamic.
I think the far shore is competing for attention.

View attachment 30104

Man, I'm on the fence with this one. I see what you mean, but I also like the cold, winter scene going on in the OP. I really think I personally like the OP. For me this is a tough call, but what the heck do I know anyway.

I had not even considered cropping out the back, and I tried to balance it. Hindsight, I wish I had opened up aperture more to blur it.

I'll mess with the crop and see how I like it. I may just keep both. :)

I think I hate you now.

:) and I detected sarcasm and jokes. It's my native tongue.

Here is the cropped version. I think I like it, good suggestion. I don't like one over the other, I like them each for what they are. Gonna print up both and see if one strikes me more than the other in print.

8316168325_1a81f928a3_b.jpg

i generally prefer winter scenes to have cool tones, and high key lighting

like so:
$tpf help snow barrel 1.jpg

I took blue out of the highlights to remove the "cool" look. To me, we all know snow is cool...no need to make it cooler. I never have liked the "high key" thing, to me it's just jargon for "blown out".

Not hatin' on your edit, it's cool for what it is and it's your taste, so that's cool, you just picked the two things I don't care for at all and usually go out of my way to make sure they are not in my photos. lol.

Thanks for your input. :)

Most reactions

Back